Five soft porcelain knives from Villeroy-Mennecy with polychrome Chinese decoration standing on flowered brackets and branches.
Silver ferrule, steel blades. On a ferrule, Paris 1738-1745 (fox head)
Saint Cloud, circa 1740.
Length: 23 cm
Porcelain in excellent condition, beautiful freshness of the polychrome decorations, Blade wear. (see photos)
The Manufacture de Villeroy-Mennecy was founded in 1735 by François Barbin (1689-1765), a manufacturer of soft porcelain formerly
installed in Paris, under the protection of Louis François Anne de Neufville, Duke of Villeroy.
Additional information and photos on request.